Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Big League Chew

Hey, pitchers and catchers report for Spring Training in a couple of weeks. I still have my baseball cards from my youth. All of ‘em. Mine were all made by Topps. Some of the cards have some value, but I’m not going to get rich off ‘em. I, like most, did not keep the gum that came with the cards. In hindsight, it’s so weird if you think about it that you got that skinny piece of gum with your cards, don’t you think? Everybody pooh-poohs the quality of that Topps gum but I’m here to tell you that the gum was not horrible. Yes, it was hard, and it might take you a block or two walking to work it into a chewable wad, but the flavor was decent I thought.

There’s never been a good baseball card movie, but if one is made, it needs to star Tom Cruise. It would simply be called Topp(s) Gum. Chew on that for a while. And don’t think I can’t write a script, Tom…  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment