Sunday, January 8, 2023

Girl with the Curl

Remember when your dad used to tell you to “straighten up!”? Well, I’ve been “curled up” with a new book I received for Christmas the past few days. I can’t put it down. Do we really “curl up” with books? Can I curl up with a kindle? My phone? I think we can, and we do. We like to curl up, don’t we? (“Don’t bother me – can’t you see I’m curled up?”) It’s a mini-hibernation of sorts…

But can we curl up too much? This curling up thing can’t be good for our posture, can it? Like, when you go to the chiropractor, does he or she take a look at your spine and then ask you if you read a lot of books?  Is that a thing?

I’m guessing this concept started from women in curlers sitting under the hair dryers at the beauty shop reading Glamour or some prince of the week’s book. I’m still pretty busy running this blog so if somebody could look that up, that’d be great.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment