Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Happy New Word!

Somebody noted recently that I used the word “vegetariosity” in a post. That of course refers to one’s tendency to eat vegetables versus meat. I’m not aware that there’s a word for that, so yeah, I made one up. Isn’t that how this is done? After 700+ posts, yeah, I’m gonna have some new thoughts which encompass concepts that the English language has not yet addressed. Am I gonna wait for Webster’s to add the word before I use it? Of course not! If we all waited until the word was added, it would likely never get added.

Having said all that, it must be cool when one of your words gets added to the lexicon. Yeah, I would be thrilled with that. And it may have already happened; I don’t have time to look that stuff up – I run a blog.

I would like to see the process of developing new words to be known as “lexiconception”. Let’s get that one added.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment