Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Busy Busy

I have lots of friends (hey, it would be nice to end the sentence right there, wouldn’t it?)  But yeah, I have lots of friends who have retired in the last couple of years. (In fact, my friend who goes to Nick the barber just retired. See post from last week.) When you ask these folks how retirement is, their answer is (too) often, “I’m busier now than when I was working!”  Maybe people have always said this, and I just never noticed. Regardless, whenever I hear this I’m tempted to respond:

  •          How hard was your job?
  •          Did they replace you when you left?
  •          Were you full time?
  •          Were you kind of winding down at the end?
  •          Does your former employer know that you say this?

Then again, maybe these folks run blogs, and they really are busier now…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment