Wednesday, March 1, 2023

I Knew in a Moment it Must be St. Nick the Barber

I love my barber. His name is Nick. I’ve got a friend who also goes to Nick. We saw each other at the shop once. A few weeks later we saw each other at an event, and, after we admired each other’s hair, he asked me what I was getting Nick for Christmas. I was dumbfounded! I didn’t know what to say. Rather than question him about why he gave our barber a Christmas gift, I think I said something like, “I don’t know yet”. I increased my tip, but a gift?

Are there other people I’ve been ignoring on Christmas gifts over the years? The parking lot attendant? The Amazon guy? Is there a registry for this type of thing? Are there even Christmas registries?

Nick would be a terrible name for a barber who did shaves, wouldn’t it?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment