Wednesday, March 15, 2023

White Sox

I love spring training. A true rite of spring, right? I was driving recently and pulled up behind a car that had a Chicago White Sox bumper sticker. That was unique, I thought, ‘cause this ain’t Chicago, and nobody outside of the south side of Chicago likes the White Sox. They are Chicago’s “other” team. It being springtime and all, I was listening to the baseball channel, and they were interviewing someone about the White Sox’s chances this year. What a coincidence, I thought. So I pulled up next to the guy with the bumper sticker at a red light, rolled down my window and told him they were talking about the White Sox on channel 89.

I’d love to tell you that this had a happy ending and that he smiled and thanked me or that he caught up with me at the next red light and thanked me. But no. Nothing. No reaction. Maybe he thought I was talking about my laundry. I don’t know.

Folks, if you’re gonna go through the efforts of putting a sticker on your car, you gotta be ready for this type of thing. If I see this guy again, I might just pull up next to him and tell him the White Sox are gonna stink this year…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment