Sunday, March 3, 2024

"Tear Down this Wall!"

I ran cross country in a high school. We ran in invitationals from time to time. One of the invitationals was held at a restored fort along the river; it was the first race ever at that location. The layout of the race was a difficult one involving running around the fort two times. Coming up the hill on the west side of the fort was pretty steep as I recall. Our team did well. I did OK – I remember winning a ribbon that day, and no, it wasn’t one of those participation ribbons.  I should add that, unlike the walled city of Jericho in the Old Testament, the walls of the fort did not fall down when we ran around it. 

Maybe if we had brought along our high school marching band that day things would have been different.

No comments:

Post a Comment