Wednesday, April 10, 2024

His Eye is on the Sparrow

The eclipse was really special Monday, wasn’t it? I really enjoyed it. We all had those special glasses. We bought the party pack – 4 pairs for $5. They worked well, I think. I mean, I could see the eclipse, but I guess I’m surprised that we all put our trust in these incredibly inexpensive pairs of glasses to protect our precious eyes. I have an appointment with the eye doctor next month. I’m kind of nervous to ask him if those glasses were really safe. In hindsight, I shoulda looked at it with just one eye. If I had thought of that, I wonder which eye I would have chosen…

Nobody warned us about the after effects of the ‘clipse. Like, for the past two days at sundown the birds don’t shut up ‘cause they think every night is just an eclipse and it’s gonna get light out again. The bats don’t come out now either.

Or maybe the birds are chirping a lot because they’re all blind from the eclipse.  I’m not sure what excuse the bats have...

I’m saving my eclipse glasses for the fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment