Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Pick Me Up

My wife and I went through a McDonald’s drive through for coffee recently. We did the normal routine where you drive counter clockwise around the building and order at the speaker thing in the back. This place had the double speaker lanes – we took the one on the left. We ordered and then did the awkward merge into one lane heading for the window where you pay. I paid at the window only to look up and see a sign over the next window that said “Pick Up”.  Fortunately we were still at the cashier window, so I naturally, not yet having had my coffee, asked the cashier, “Where do the cars go? I see the sign for the pick-ups, but where to the cars go?”

She looked at me like I was from Neptune (beyond Mars). So I asked her, after having explained my question, if people ask her that all the time. She said no. I told my wife I was surprised that wasn’t part of her training.

Regardless, I thought, at least now she has something now she can share with her family after work.     

No comments:

Post a Comment