Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Unorthodox Sale Item

Today is April 3rd. Easter was three days ago. Today at the grocery store I saw Valentine candy for sale. Yes, it was discounted, but really? I've never seen Valentine candy in the stores in April. Easter candy after Easter I can understand 'cause there's Orthodox Easter which doesn't occur until early May. (So the Orthodox kids get the hard Peeps, the stale Russell Stover, the jawbreaker jelly beans, all that stuff.)

But Valentine's candy in April? And yeah, don't forget we had that extra day in February. This store needs to be called out on this. This is one of the situations where the store's greedy manager says, "Go ahead and put it out there. Somebody'll buy it." Gross. 

Maybe there's an Orthodox Valentine's Day. Is that a new thing I might not be not aware of? Valentine was a saint, if I remember correctly...

No comments:

Post a Comment