Thursday, May 30, 2024

Sooner or Late

On our vacation my wife and I drove through parts of Oklahoma where the speed limit was 80 miles per hour! 80! Wow! I didn’t go much over 80 but yeah, I went 80. 80! As in 250 miles in 3 hours. 1000 miles in 12 hours. Imagine driving that fast all the time. Heck, you’d never need to stay at a hotel on the way to places. You’d get there in one day. Man!

One of the great plusses of 80 mph is that nobody gets pulled over. You’d have to be going over 90 mph to get pulled over and the police aren’t ever gonna catch that guy. Does radar even go that high? Another plus is that you’re less likely to pick up hitchhikers.

There’s a downside. My phone now thinks I drive 80 miles per hour. So, for example, Google maps has us driving 500 miles in 6 hours. So now we’re always late for stuff. I gotta figure out the math on that.   

No comments:

Post a Comment