Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Corn Maze and Blue



Driving along the freeway in Michigan today I noticed a corn maze. Those mazes are fun – they make me feel like a little hamster. I only thought of this recently, but, in Michigan, shouldn’t they be called “Corn Maizes”? And isn’t the concept of a Corn Maze a bit redundant? I mean, corn is maize, right?  Kinda like my old friend Rex King. His parents may not have known that Rex means king in Latin. Or maybe they did. Rex was not on my Latin Club basketball team (see "Shorts Story" July 3rd).  Neither were his parents.

Regardless, seeing this corn maze gave me a couple of ideas for improving the maze business:

  1. Why not enhance the maze concept and make it a “Pick Your Own” Corn Maze. Give each kid a bushel basket and turn ‘em loose.  Whoever brings back the most corn gets to do it again.
  2. In those states where it’s legal, how about a “Pick Your Own” marijuana maze? (See "Marijuana Groupon" Sept 23rd.) Sure, the marijuana won’t grow very high, but these stoners are probably gonna get lost anyway.

As always here at Uncle Tommy, feel free to take these ideas and run with them.  Just don’t get lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment