Wednesday, October 14, 2015

St. Louis Golden Arch



It would be awesome to own a McDonald’s franchise in St. Louis. When I approach the city from the east, crossing the Mississippi, and I see that giant arch, I always have to stop a couple times for Big Macs. There must not be many thin people in St Louis. I suppose maybe you get used to it over time… 

Like many families, our family toured the St. Louis arch when our kids were young. We went there with my in-laws. When you get there, the attendants put you in these tight little roller coaster-like cars inside the structure and take you up to the top of the arch on a rail. It’s a fun ride. Kind of like going into a coal mine except you’re going up. If you haven’t been there, I’ve got news for you. It’s a great view at the top, but there’s no McDonald’s up there. Perhaps I was presumptuous to assume it was a McDonald’s Playland attraction, but it was a major letdown for me when we got up there. No McDonald’s.  

I’ve been doing some research and apparently there’s no connection between the arch and McDonald’s. I really don’t get it. Who in their right mind would build an arch that big and not have it be a McDonald’s?

No comments:

Post a Comment