Thursday, November 12, 2015

Funnel Cloud Cake



It’s very windy today. Almost like tornado weather. Well, nobody likes a tornado warning. When we hear that siren we turn on our TV’s.  People sometimes turn to the Weather Channel. But the Weather Channel does worldwide weather and I don’t really care about the weather in places where I don’t live.  (“Honey, it’s gonna be hot in El Paso today.”  “Oh really?”) No, when there’s a tornado warning, I tune to the local station.  By my observations, I think there are at least 3 levels of tornado warnings on TV: First, when the warning is in effect but they’re still running commercials. I'm not too worried at that point. The second level is when there’s a warning and they run a scroll during the commercials. At that point I may get out of my chair. The third level is when they eliminate the commercials altogether.  That’s when I grab a sandwich and a piece of cake and head to the basement for a couple days.  

Please notice I take my own food to the basement. There was a case not too long ago of a guy who ordered a pizza to be delivered to his house during a tornado warning.  He put a note on his front door that read “Knock loud, we’re in the basement.” No, that guy was not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment