Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Rare Bird



Today I attended a meeting and sat behind this guy who I’ve known for many years. But this was the first time I ever noticed him taking notes. He held his tablet up in the air, turned it 90 degrees to the left so the lines on the page were vertical, and literally wrote “up” the line. And he did it in cursive! I was not trying to be nosy, but his writing appeared to be not only right side up on the paper, but it was quite legible. So yes, I was fascinated by this guy much in the same way I am with “walker-readers” (see post dated November 16, 2015). Just this week, a reader reported seeing a walker-reader walking, reading AND highlighting text all at the same time. Those folks are rare and a treasure to our communities.

So, yeah, why in the world would I travel to a park to see wildlife or birds when I can see these rare, talented people in some cases without even leaving work?

No comments:

Post a Comment