Thursday, October 13, 2016

Vision 20/20



I saw my eye doctor at a luncheon today. I asked him if his industry is planning anything special for the year 2020. I reminded him that it’s only 3+ years out. He looked at me funny, not understanding what I had said. I said, “The year 2020”. He still didn’t get it. I said, “The year 2020. Like 20/20 vision.” He finally got it and laughed. He said he had not thought of doing anything special, but that he would definitely now be considering it. He seemed keen to the idea. So, if you start hearing about the Vision 20/20 concept in 3 years or so you’ll know where it started. Maybe they could aim to wipe out glaucoma or something.

So, figuring the guy owed me a favor, I asked him, “As I grow older, does it take longer for my pupils to adjust when I walk into a dark room?” His response was, “Why don’t you just turn on the light?” Everybody’s got a quick answer…

No comments:

Post a Comment