Thursday, December 1, 2016

It's Good to Touch the Green Green Grass of Home



Since it's been such a warm Autumn, today we're going to talk about grass. Have you ever taken a vacation for an extended period of time and, before you leave, your neighbor tells you that he’ll cut your grass if it grows a lot while you’re gone? Yeah, I’ve been on both sides of this predicament. We went to California many years ago, and our neighbor said he’d cut our grass while we were gone if it needed it. Well, when we came home, the lawn looked pretty good, but it was August and it was very dry, and you really couldn’t tell if it had been cut. I didn’t say anything to him. I couldn’t. I was in a no win situation. If I thanked him and he didn’t cut it, I sounded sarcastic and unappreciative. 

Another time, I did cut a different neighbor’s lawn while he was on vacation. But he never said anything to me ‘cause what if I didn’t cut it, then we’d all feel bad. I was fine with that.

This concept can also apply to shoveling snow or giving haircuts to children for whom you babysit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment