Thursday, December 15, 2016

Family Tree



Tis the season to bring a tree into the house. When you think about it, that's a crazy concept, isn't it? Today is only the 15th of December but I’ve already heard of numerous cases of peoples' trees falling over and crushing ornaments and stuff. These are real trees, of course. If your artificial tree falls over, you’ve got issues, my friend.  But yeah, people put up a tree, and it stands for a few days, and then, like George Washington’s cherry tree, it somehow falls over, crushing everything in its path. The key, I think, is to not have too long of a trunk, or stub. Most professional tree guys know to not make the stub too long. It’s the “unofficial” guys who leave them too long. So yes, it’s sad for me to say, but a tree falling over can be the sign that it’s a stolen tree. Too many Americans today still pack up the kids in the station wagon and go out and randomly cut down a tree.  While I agree that this can add some excitement to the family venture, it just doesn’t feel right to me.   

Next time somebody tells you their tree fell over, make sure you still have your wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment