Saturday, December 24, 2016

Recipe for Disaster



I just bought some special Hungarian sausage for us to eat on Christmas Eve. While I was at the butcher I noticed that my butcher and his counter woman were both wearing camouflage. So yeah, I’m hoping what I got was pork sausage and not wild boar or something! I didn’t see any guns around but on the way into the shop I did see some guys unloading a deer carcass to take in the back door. Good thing I didn’t have any little kids with me.  How would you explain that one on Christmas Eve? “Well, Santa’s gotta eat too, son…”

So I was reading online today about how to prepare this sausage. After reading for about 30 seconds a message popped up on the screen telling about a website with good recipes involving sausage.  I wasn’t ready to go there so I tried to exit the screen. I was provided the following two exit options:

  1.        “Yes. I would like to learn about your new recipes.” 
  2.        “No. I do not like new foods.”

C’mon! That’s not fair. Where’s their Christmas spirit? I didn’t have time at that very moment to read their recipes. But that doesn’t mean I don’t like new foods. That's OK. I didn’t have any kale on hand anyway. Those internet recipes always require kale. Lots of kale.

Merry Christmas to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment