Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Go for the Juggler



Since clowns are pretty much off limits this year, let’s talk today about jugglers. I think it’s still OK to talk about jugglers, right? They’re not stalking people or running around in the woods. Not yet, at least. I’ve always respected jugglers as athletes. Their act takes a lot of coordination and practice.  We went to a Christmas Dinner last year where the entertainment was a juggler. I found him to be very entertaining; many of the other guests were not very amused, at least not for the full 25 minutes he entertained. He didn’t go nonstop. He stopped and talked to us from time to time. I think I was amazed by the uniqueness of it all – the fact that juggler solo acts still exist in this day and age and that they still get hired. And paid. I was happy to see the guy making a living. I mean, you look up “Juggler” in the yellow pages, and there’s not always somebody there.

Personally, I would like to see marching bands occasionally alternate jugglers with the baton twirlers at halftime shows. I'm pretty busy here with this blog but if somebody could get that going that would be great.  

No comments:

Post a Comment