Friday, January 13, 2017

Doctor Nose Best



What’s with having the “N” in ENT? Plenty of things can go wrong with the ear and the throat, but does anybody ever go to the ENT for their nose? Have I missed out on nose cleanings? Strep nose? Swimmer’s nose? Are there smelling aids? To me, the nose seems like a pretty healthy organ. “How you feeling, Phil?” “My nose hurts again.” No. You just never hear that. When I was young kids would occasionally shove things up their nose. Do they still do that? I don’t think so. Kids have so much stuff to do now with video games and the internet. When I was a kid, you’d get bored and shove something up your nose maybe to see if you could get it to come out the other nostril. But today, the ENT’s don’t have to deal with that, I don’t think.

And yet, the “N” stays in their name. I blame Spielberg. Nobody wants to be associated with that weird E.T. dude.    

No comments:

Post a Comment