Thursday, January 26, 2017

This Bun's for You



I got to go to one of those antique/throwback candy stores a while back. This is where they have the candy that either was unpopular or had some kind of flaw so it was discontinued. Mallo Cups. Wax teeth, Beemon’s Gum. That kind of stuff. You never know at these stores if someone somehow started making that candy again, or if it’s just really old candy. When my kids would get discontinued candy at Halloween I’d always say “Why don’t you give bite of that Clark Bar to the dog to see how she handles it before you bite off a piece?"

One of my favorites of these old candies was the Bun. They were these huge chocolate peanut clusters. I’m pretty sure I know why they were discontinued. Kids probably got sent to the store by their moms to buy buns for hot dogs or hamburgers but they spent the money on the candy bun instead. “But Mom, you told me to get buns!”  That’s probably why they got rid of candy cigarettes as well.   

No comments:

Post a Comment