Monday, January 23, 2017

Toll House Cookie



One time my friend was following me through the toll booth getting off the turnpike. As a nice gesture, I told the tollgate dude that I was paying for the car behind me. He took my money for both cars and we kept driving. Well, my friend never said anything to me about not having to pay so I finally asked him about it and he didn’t know anything about it. He had paid his toll like he always did. The toll dude just kept the extra money I guess. Well, that didn’t work so well, so now I take it out on the other toll dudes. For instance, at the rare toll both where you’re getting on the toll road and the toll dude hands you a ticket, I always ask him how much I owe. That’s always fun. Also, sometimes I pull up to the booth the toll dude is facing my car’s back window. This accomplishes two things, it freaks out the toll dude (he deserves it), and it forces the guy in the back seat to wake up and pay. This is only fair ‘cause, after all, I drove.

I’ve never just tossed a handful of change into the booth but I’d love to hear from a reader who has done that.

No comments:

Post a Comment