Monday, January 30, 2017

Baby, It's You!



I got a chance to meet a friend’s family members for the first time the other day. They had their baby with them. I pride myself in being able to determine a baby’s age and have become pretty good at it over the years. I have three kids of my own so I guess I have some experience. So yeah, I guessed that he was 5 or 6 months old, and sure enough, the baby was 5 1/2 months old. Pretty good, eh? Well, it backfired on me, ‘cause the baby was not a he – she was a girl. I got that part wrong. That part’s tough. In my defense, the child was wearing a dark blue outfit.

I have a friend whose dad was one of those guys at the amusement parks who guessed your weight or your age. The guy was good. I would never want to be the guy guessing your weight (awkward!) but I could do that age thing pretty well I think. But with the way the world’s going, maybe it would be fun to have a “Guess Your Orientation” guy at the carnival. People would line up for that.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment