Sunday, July 30, 2017

Bus Races



Continuing in our summer transportation series, have any of you readers ever been to one of those figure 8 school bus races? I went to one many years ago with my kids. It was entertaining but not quite what I expected. First of all, there were no kids on the buses. (I think maybe my kids thought that they were gonna have to ride.) Secondly, the buses do not collide. I had expected some high speed collisions or at least some near misses at the center intersection. No. The race seemed to mainly consist of buses stopping at the intersection and then going through the gears to get going again, only to have to stop at the intersection again.  If I recall correctly, no bus ever passed another bus.

At least the bus did not cross any railroad tracks where they have to stop and open the door and look down the tracks for a train. I always wondered: what if the train was coming from the left?

No comments:

Post a Comment