Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Stall Tactics



I grew up in a time when a lot of people smoked. And they would smoke everywhere. You could smoke in church even. (Well, not in the sanctuary.) Kids would try to smoke in the bathrooms in school. There was a men’s room on the second floor of the high school which seemed to be the smokers’ favorite place to smoke. I had nothing against these guys – they were nice guys who just needed a smoke. In all fairness, the teachers’ smoking lounge was three doors down and there was always smoke rolling out of that door. So, the kids would go in a stall, close the door and light up. Soon there would be a knock on their stall door from the hall monitor at which time they would flush the cigarette down the toilet. But they’d get caught ‘cause the smoke.

I would have liked to have been at the disciplinary discussions. “So you’re asking me if I put my butt in the toilet. I can’t believe you’re asking me that!” I sometimes miss high school…

No comments:

Post a Comment