Sunday, July 9, 2017

Products with Women's Names



Today I met a guy who was looking for “Dawn”. I could not tell if he was looking for dish soap or a person. So I think it’s time we take a look at those products that have women’s names:

  • Dawn – Was it named after someone? Do you just use it at daybreak? Who was this Dawn and did she get along with…
  •  Joy – Who was this Joy? This conversation must take place somewhere: “Have you seen Joy?” “Yeah, she’s out by the sink.” I wonder if there have ever been sisters named Dawn and Joy? If she worked at a Nut Boutique would she be “Almond Joy”?
  • Betty Salad – “I’m taking Betty Salad to the potluck.” “Who?”
  • Pam – “the non-stick cooking spray”. Not to be confused with “the sticky cooking spray”. “Hey Dawn, please use some Joy to get that Pam off the pan.”
  • Mary Jane – Slang or code word for marijuana at one time. I bet there were mix-ups back in the day: “We thought you were bringing some Mary Jane, man. Who’s this chick?” 

Gets confusing doesn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment