Sunday, July 23, 2017

Meat & Greet



Have you ever had a meat salesman come to your door? We did once. It was on a busy Friday night about 6PM. The doorbell rang and there was this sales guy standing there. Since I was hungry (hangry maybe?) I let him in. He talked a good line. His briefcase was full of steaks, chops, a roast, you name it. He showed me the meat in this scrapbook like thing with plastic pockets. It was a beautiful demonstration - the sales pitch was working on me. Think about it: is there a better approach than to bring meat to someone’s house at 6PM when they’re probably in there eating Sugardale hot dogs or Tuna Helper?  My chance to score on this meat all came crashing down when somehow our dog got loose and started to go after the scrapbook. That got my wife’s attention and she said that it was time to go to the football game. So the meat guy had to leave.

The Meat Man never came back. But even to this day, when I hear that doorbell ring, I salivate. Just a little.  

No comments:

Post a Comment