Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Bun Fun


So yeah, on the fourth of July, this woman ate 48 hot dogs in the Hot Dog Eating Contest. The old record was 41. And Joey Chestnut (I love that name!) ate 71. That’s a lot of dogs. I would like to be able to eat my age in hot dogs…

But, folks, why do we stop there? We’ve seen this contest for a few years now and it’s fun but I think it needs to be expanded. Besides, Joey always wins – it needs to be tougher. And ESPN has no sports to cover now. Let’s give them something! I’m proposing the Hot Dog Triathlon. First, eat the hot dogs, then swim for a mile and finish with a half marathon.

They could show it commercial free – sort of. All the commercials would be crammed into the 20 minutes between the eating and the swimming.   

1 comment:

  1. And then the loss of the hot dogs during the running event

    ReplyDelete