Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Not Today

I like getting gas at Costco. Yeah, I’m a member. Today Costco had a woman walking from pump to pump carrying a bucket and asking for donations to a charity of Costco’s choice. People have their wallets out already. I get that.  Not a bad strategy I thought. Clever. But with gas being $4.79 a gallon? Not a chance. Poor woman. I doubt if she had much success today. Maybe if she danced or juggled or something…

I heard one person respond “Not today”.  Man, that’s a tired response isn’t it? People have been using that my whole life.  And typically with that response you get the mouth only smile, where the rest of their face doesn’t smile…

My response at Costco today should have been, “These pumps are “card only”. I don’t have any cash.” C’mon Costco. Card only pumps but you want cash donations? Can’t have it both ways, Costco…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment