Sunday, June 5, 2022

Must be Fanta! Must be Fanta!

We were waiting in the airport for a delayed flight last month. After a while, a woman sitting near us asked me to watch her carry-on bag. I said sure, thinking she’d be back soon. I wasn’t going anywhere. But she didn’t come back right away. Finally, after 35 minutes, she came back with a half drank Fanta Pineapple soda. So yeah, I thought about what I would do if I was asked to do this in the future. The options would include:

  •          Say yes. See above. It could be a while.
  •         Say no. Then you have to move ‘cause it would be awkward being near her when she got back. And, what if her seat is next to yours on the plane? Yikes!
  •        Say yes, but set a time limit. This sounds cold.
  •        Say yes, but only if she brings you back a bottle of Fanta Pineapple soda.

I think the fourth option is the way to go here. You can't get Fanta Pineapple on the plane. I know, 'cause I always ask for it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment