Thursday, June 16, 2022

The Dirty Dozen

I bought a dozen donuts at the bakery last Saturday. This guy who waited on me didn’t seem to be having his best day. I told him I wanted a dozen assorted donuts and then I proceeded to tell him what the assortment should be. That likely started us out on the wrong foot. I picked out a few and then asked him how many we had done so far. “Four”, he replied, sounding like that may have been the lowest number anybody had been at when they asked how many they had so far. So yeah, he wasn’t happy ‘cause I had said “assorted” when in reality I was dictating what the “assortment” had to be. And he wasn’t happy that I had asked for the progress count at four.  

When I got home I opened the box of donuts, and found a chocolate donut in the box upside down, with the frosting smashed into the cardboard box. Was that guy vindictive? Maybe. But I’m going to give him the benefit of doubt and reason that maybe that bakery sells a lot of pineapple upside down cake and maybe he’s picked up some habits.  Yeah.    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment