Sunday, June 26, 2022

My Tribute

Summer is the season for tribute bands. While these performances can be tedious at best, some of the names of these acts can be entertaining. Here are a few I’ve stumbled across:

  •          Shania Twin – What a cool name. The only thing cooler would be if she were to be two people. Two lookalike people.  Yeah.
  •          Hotel California – They call themselves “The Original Eagles Tribute”. Gosh. I would hate to see a “tribute band” that was anything less than “original”.  
  •          Nearly Dan – I assume this is a Steely Dan tribute. Since this name is vaguer than most you’d always have one guy after the concert who would insist it was some other Dan. “I’m tellin’ ya, that was Dan Fogelberg, man.”
  •          Rolling Clones – I think to imitate the Stones you’d want 80 year old guys on the stage, like the real Rolling Stones. I’d pay to see that. Of course I’d want a senior discount on my ticket.

If I was doing a tribute, I’d go for variety and combine a couple of groups to draw a larger audience. Steely Dan Fogelberg anyone?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment