Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Popeye's

I’ve never eaten at Popeye’s. I’ve got nothing against Popeye’s. It just hasn’t happened. It strikes as odd though that Popeye’s would be a chicken place when the Popeye cartoons featured that J Wellington Wimpy guy who always had a hamburger. Yeah, I get it that Wellington is beef and it wasn’t Popeye eating the hamburger. But if you’re watching Popeye and you get hungry, you’re gonna want a burger, not chicken. Hindsight’s 20/20, but if I had to name a chicken restaurant after a cartoon I think I would call it Foghorn Leghorn’s, after that big rooster guy. (Or does that sound like it’s just serving drumsticks and thighs?)

To tie in better with the cartoon, a nice touch for Popeye's would be to put some spinach on the chicken sandwich. And maybe provide a chicken fried in Olive Oil option. Is that asking too much?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment