Monday, October 31, 2022

Salute to Jerry Lee

From Labor Day seven years ago:
 
Labor Day is fast approaching.  It’s late this year so don't forget it and go to work. I’ve never watched the Labor Day Jerry Lewis Telethon but I’m sure I would have sent them money if I had watched it. This was gonna be the year for me to watch part of it at least. I was gonna watch it while I studied for my football draft. Now I hear the Telethon is cancelled and that Jerry wasn’t even on it the past few years. Nobody told me. No one. This better not affect my draft!

Nothing against Jerry, but what if all these years the telethon would have been hosted by the other Jerry Lewis, Jerry Lee Lewis? Whoah! How could you not have tuned in? Can you imagine how much money they would have collected? On second thought though, how could a guy nick named “The Killer” host a fundraiser to cure a disease? I guess that’s why they had Jerry Lewis host and not Jerry Lee Lewis.  

Maybe “The Killer” could host one of those documentaries during Shark Week instead.  That seems more appropriate. Call it “Come on over Baby, Whole Lotta Sharkin’ Goin’ on” or something. Yeah. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment