Thursday, October 13, 2022

The 700 Club

As we approached this, our 700th post here at Uncle Tommy’s, we couldn’t help but think about Ole’ Albert Pujols working his way toward 700 career home runs.  Who would get to 700 first, Albert or us?

We here at Uncle Tommy had 693 posts and Albert had 698 homers when I thought of writing this. He hit two homers that Friday night so he made it to 700 before we did. So yeah, he won this round.

I’ve got nothing against Albert. He’s had a great career. But I think his winning the race takes nothing away from this blog. Had I won the race, I had no plans to call him and rub it in. Nor did I have any plans to go to a game and shout the results at him from my seat. Heck, I don’t even know if he reads the blog.

I prefer to dwell on what we have in common and that’s this: neither he nor we have ever used performance enhancing drugs to get to 700.  Yes, I drank some five hour energy drinks (free at the hotel we were staying at in New York) years ago and cranked out like 5 posts in one sitting. But I admitted to it and we’ve moved on.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment