Sunday, May 14, 2023

Someone’s Knockin’ at the Door, Someone’s Ringing the Bell

Have you heard about these home owners who have people come to their front door and tell them they want to buy their house? It’s crazy, isn’t it? I think if this happened to me I’d wonder if they’d been peeking in the windows or something. Regardless, it hasn’t happened to me and I’m starting to get a bit jealous about it. It seems like it’s happening to everybody else. But maybe some of those people are making it up just to fit in. You know how people are.

Actually, I’m glad it hasn’t happened to me. I mean, what if the guy who wants to buy your house is really big? Or talks like a mobster? (“I’m gonna buy your house, see…”) Who wants that hanging over their head? Yeah, you’re gonna have to move.

Where’s this all gonna end? Will people come to our doors wanting to buy our cars? Our porch furniture? Our pets?  I hate to have to mow around it, but I’m going to put a sign in the front yard that says “Not for Sale”. Sadly, I think that’s the answer.

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment