Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Uncle Mohamed?

I ordered some Mediterranean food a while back from a new restaurant. It was our first experience with the place. It had received very high reviews online. When I got there to pick up our food, the place was empty – I was the only customer there. A woman came out and I told her I was there to pick up my order. She asked me if I was Mohamed. I said that no, I was not Mohamed. She said she only had one order to be picked up and that it was for Mohamed. We went over the contents of my order and, sure enough, it was my order but it was marked “Mohamed”. So the only thing I can figure out at this place is, regardless what your name is, they assign you a name. I had been assigned the name “Mohamed”. Who knows? Maybe everybody gets called “Mohamed”…

Too bad the food wasn’t very good; I was hoping to try this place again to see if they’d assign me the same name.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment