Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Happy Medium

I was at a nice event Monday night where they had a buffet with some tasty pizzas. The pizzas were labeled with little signs. One said Hawaiian, one said Cheese, one said Pepperoni, one said Wee Wee Wee, all the way home. (Oops. Sorry, been playing with the grand kids a bit lately.) One said Med. Well, I thought that was unusual, because typically the signs described the ingredients on the pizza, not the size of the pizza. So yeah, I had some fun with that, asking people things like, “Did you try the medium pizza?”, and, “I think I’m gonna try that medium pizza”. Or, “Man, that medium pizza looks good.” We didn’t need any entertainment at this event!

The next morning I saw a friend who was at the event and he asked me if I had tried the Mediterranean Pizza. Uh-oh, I thought to myself. I felt pretty foolish. Am I the only one who thought that Med meant Medium? In hindsight, why would the restaurant use the abbreviation “Med” for anything other than Medium? C’mon! I guess I’d better check the ingredients next time I order a Medium.

I imagine this could get really confusing for a medium like Sylvia if she was from the Mediterranean.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment