Sunday, May 8, 2016

Babe Roof



Happy Mother’s Day! In the spirit of Mothers Day everywhere I see that Ghostbusters is being remade with women playing all the major roles. Hey, I’m all about equal opportunity. But I prefer when it’s women playing women and not women playing men. I’m probably dating myself here but I did not care for the movies where Julie Andrews (“Victor Victoria“) and Barbara Streisand (“Yentl”) played men. What a waste. Here’re two of the best singers of their generation and they play men? That would be like putting Robert DeNiro in a movie where he couldn’t cuss. C’mon!

Yentl was known in some circles as “Tootsie on the Roof”. That made me think of course of “Fiddler on the Roof”, a fine movie that deserves a sequel. In the spirit of Ghostbusters, why not rewrite Fiddler, creating a new main female role. I thought I heard recently of a Bette Midler concert happening somewhere, so she must still be alive. “Midler on the Roof” sounds like a surefire hit to me. Yeah, I’d probably go.

Sometimes these things seem just a little too obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment