Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Drive-through Windows 3.0



I went through a drive through at a Greek Restaurant a while back. I love a good Coney Island Hot Dog. Just so you take it home and not try to eat it behind the wheel. So yeah, I ordered at the first window from this older guy, and then I drove around the corner of the building to pay and get my food at the second window. When I pulled up to the second window a woman asked me what I wanted. Wait. What? I said that I had placed my order with the gentleman at the first window. The woman said, “Oh that guy doesn’t know what he’s doing.“ I suppose I could have asked “Then why is he there at the window?” or, “Oh I paid that guy at the first window”. But I didn’t. So, I gave my order again to the woman this time. She gave me my food and yes, it was good.

Actually, now that I write about this incident, I like the concept. I like the second chance to order, especially when you’re ordering for others. So, yeah, the first window is just for practice, and then the second one you hopefully get right. I think they’re on to something. Now, to further improve the process, they need to create the third window, also known as the “correction window”. That’s the window where you give your food back and have them correct your order. One step at a time, I suppose…

No comments:

Post a Comment