Thursday, May 26, 2016

Fine Library



I recently realized that I had lost my library card. It was right next to my Kroger card in my wallet for years, but suddenly it was gone. I was afraid that someone would find it and use it to check out some stuff and never return it and I would get charged. So I stopped by the library to cancel the old one and get a new one. When I asked the librarian about it, she said their computers were down and they couldn’t do anything to help me today. So I told her I really didn’t need the new card right away and could she just cancel the old one. No. The computers were down, she said. So I asked if she could maybe write my name down on a piece of paper and cancel my card when the computers came back up. Nope. Couldn’t do it. Wait. What? So I wrote my name down on a piece of paper and handed it back to her along with $10 and asked her to cancel my card when the computers came back online. She took the bribe.



If this ever happens to me again, I’ll know what to do. And now, you will as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment