Friday, February 3, 2017

Swamp Thing



I loved the “drain the swamp” idea associated with the recent election. I think it was pretty effective. By draining a swamp you not only get rid of the crud, but you end up with some top notch soil when the draining is complete. Now we already have a guy who’s running for US Senate here in 2018 who is apparently campaigning on that same theme - going to Washington and “draining the swamp”. He is a Republican. So, yeah, his party will be in power the next two years in both houses of congress as well as the presidency. Aren’t these already elected folks going to drain the swamp? By this guy saying that he will go in and “drain the swamp” in 2018, is he assuming that his party will not accomplish that in the next two years? I’m confused.

If I was a Democrat running in 2018, my theme choice would be easy: “Save the Wetlands!”

No comments:

Post a Comment