Thursday, February 9, 2017

Down Under-Weight



Like most Americans, I’m counting calories to start the year. So far this year I lost some weight, got sick, lost some more and now have to keep the pounds off and try to lose some more. The online calorie counters make it easy, don’t they? I like typing in a food and then the website gives you suggestions. Like, I typed “meatballs” and it suggested “Woolworth Meatballs”. Woolworths? Wow, I thought to myself, those would be some pretty old meatballs. Alas, it turns out that Woolworth is big in Australia! Well, I’ve never eaten Kangaroo or Koala, and I’m not eager to do that, so I didn’t choose the Woolworth Meatballs for my chart. On the other hand, this Australian connection was encouraging since you rarely see overweight Aborigines. So yeah, maybe I can fool my computer into thinking I’m eating the Australian meatballs.

My weight is now under my weight on my driver’s license. How many of us can say that?

No comments:

Post a Comment