Sunday, February 12, 2017

The Caramel Code



I’m still getting used to the bulk buying concept. I went to Costco (did I tell you we’re members?) and, to get a Valentine there you had to buy twelve. I’m not sure I have 12 friends, or 12 I want to send valentines to. I suppose I could buy 12 for my wife and give her one every year until 2028. But I like my purchased poetic thoughts to be a little fresher than that. After looking at cards, I wandered over to the chocolates. The smallest box was the 10 pound Whitman Sampler. That seems a bit heavy, especially what with my wife and I both being on diets. And it seems to be a bit more than a “Sampler”. But I think there would be one big advantage to having 10 pounds of that stuff. I think after six of seven trays of the candy I might be able to figure out their code. That code, of course, is the caramel finding code. That’s what we’re all looking for when we indulge in assorted chocolates, isn’t it? The gooey, yummy caramel. You know not to take the wrapped piece – that’s never good. And don’t take the dark ones – nobody likes those. Beyond that, I’ve never figured out how to find the caramels. But I think with 10 pounds I could figure out the caramel code.      

I wonder how many pounds of paczkis it would take me to learn not to pick the prune ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment