Monday, November 27, 2023

SDPD

I had dinner tonight with a retired business executive. The topic of the labor shortage came up. I ran my Student Driver Pizza Delivery (SDPD) concept by him. He absolutely loved it.  While acknowledging that yes, a parent would have to ride along on the deliveries, that’s not a big issue because the child needs to drive with a parent for 50 hours anyway. SDPD provides the following benefits:

  •                    It allows the child to earn a wage (plus tips) while getting their 50 hours in
  •          It provides much needed labor for area restaurants
  •          It helps the kids learn their way around town
  •          It keeps kids off the streets  (Okay, yeah, the kid would technically be on the street, but you know what I mean)

Let’s face it. The traditional student driver methods don’t always work. Many years ago on a trip I tried to get one of my kids to drive us across Iowa, hoping to use up some of those 50 hours. They lasted maybe one county. 

In hindsight, maybe I should have picked a more exciting state.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment