Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The Cosby Channel



We all have memories of knowing exactly where we were when something important happened. The Kennedy assassinations, the moon landing, 9/11, the Miracle on Ice, etc. I was eating with my son at a fine restaurant one day last week, and the whole time we were there the TV was devoted to the coverage of Bill Cosby being arrested and put in prison.  And our waitress was very opinionated about it and kept talking about it. I really don’t know much about Bill’s troubles and I really have not followed any of the proceedings short of what I read at the grocery store checkouts of course.  My fear though is that with all that coverage we were exposed to at the restaurant I’m now gonna remember where I was during the Cosby arrest.  Nothing against Bill, but I don’t think he ranks up there with any of the above events.  I don’t want to remember where I was for the Cosby arrest.

In hindsight, I should have had the waitress switch the TV to the Peach Bowl.  Nobody remembers where they were during the Peach Bowl. Even the people who went to the Peach Bowl don’t remember where they were during the Peach Bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment