Monday, January 4, 2016

Sleep Study



As we enter into the new year, it is a time to look forward. What dreams do you have for the new year? Well, I’ve never been a fan of that song “To Dream the Impossible Dream” from Man of La Mancha. I’ve never seen the play. Maybe it’s really good. I missed the movie also. It’s probably better than Man from UNCLE. And maybe I’m taking this out of context, but how can a dream be impossible? Last time I looked, you can dream anything you want, anything imaginable. I mean, have you ever gone to work in the morning, and you’re standing around the water cooler, and you say, “Hey, I had the craziest dream last night. I was driving down the road and I picked up a hitch hiker and we like started talking and all of a sudden he turned into a walnut.” And then someone says, “Hey, you can’t have that dream! That’s an impossible dream!” No. Nobody ever says that. It’s possible to have any dream, I think. 

Have you ever woken up during a dream, and it was a good dream, and you tried to fall back to sleep and get back into the dream? Now that’s impossible, I think. Maybe that’s what this La Mancha Man was talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment