Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Waking Up is Hard to Do



I think we all had that roommate in college who slept so hard that he or she had to put their alarm clock across the room so that they would actually have to get out of bed to turn it off.  Sometimes they would hit the snooze alarm and go back to sleep for the allotted nine minutes and maybe even repeat that cycle a couple times. Obnoxious, I know. But people gotta do what they gotta do. You have to love the nine minute sleep alarm thing. I mean, who thought of making it nine minutes? I think it’s pretty standard on clock radios, and it’s the perfect amount of time- long enough time for you to get back to sleep, but short enough that you’re not late for class. I want to meet the guy who invented the nine minute thing. Whoever he or she is, they’re not getting their due.

My one request to spouses or roommates who use the sleep alarm is that they tune the radio to a music station and not talk radio. ‘Cause in the short period my wife’s radio was on one recent morning, they were talking about Caribbean cruises, and when it came back on in 9 minutes they were talking about Bernie Sanders taking his honeymoon in the USSR.  That’s too big of a leap that early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment