Thursday, March 10, 2016

Hot Topic



Today’s subject is heated car seats. I guess I appreciate the guy who invented the heated car seat, but sometimes I think there needs to be some limitations on that gadget. I don’t mind heating up my own seat to a certain extent or especially the passenger seat if I’m bringing home a Marco Pizza or some Colonel Sanders to eat while I watch the debate, but, like the rear window defogger, the seat heater really needs to have an automatic turn off at some point. 

I’ve learned from experience that it can be dangerous to get into a car with a preheated seat. It’s something you rarely worry about but I’ll be looking for it next time. A few weeks ago this guy picked me up to take me to a meeting and the previous person in the car had apparently left the seat heat on the “Broil” setting.  After a mile or two the heat caused me to fall asleep. I woke up to the ever so slight smell of burning flesh, and by the time I time I realized what was going on I was medium rare. Painful, embarrassing, and dangerous! 

I think a roller coaster with a heated seat theme would go over big at Cedar Point. Call it “Ride Through Hell”. Heat the seats hotter and hotter throughout the ride, and then douse everyone with water at the end. Of course, they’ll want to make sure the automatic turn off is working to avoid electrocution.  

No comments:

Post a Comment